Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's a New Year!


Well, it is for me anyway.  The day the kids go off to school is bittersweet for me.  They are excited and not so much all at the same time...sad to have summer go by so fast...eager to see friends.  What does the new school year have in store for my senior, 7th grader and 4th grader?  Still have the soon-to-be sophomore in college home for a few more days and my senior in college coming home from his St. Louis internship tomorrow (update: I am giving prayers of thanks as my son just called and was in a car accident...he is unhurt, and that is all I care about at this moment...we will go down and pick him up tomorrow).  How quickly things can change.  And of coarse,  little Cecilia will be my side-kick all year long...going on junk trips and working at the shop w/ mom!  What does this new school year have in store for you?  Even if you don't have kids or the kids are all out of the house or maybe not even in school yet...can you smell it in the air...a new season...a new year?

In the next few days, I will be posting the exciting events to come at JB Knacker in the next few weeks...the shop will be getting whirled into an autumn mode and the side yard will be full of vendors in just over a week!   

1 comment:

Tricia @ Vintage No. 35 said...

I loved your post. It is so true about a new season when kids go back to school. For me it is bittersweet but looking forward to having a little more time to spend on "junk" :)!