Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Therefore...and other wordy words






I have been told I can be a bit wordy. I have even noticed it myself. It was brought to my attention again after I read the proof of the JB Knacker ad I sent to our local paper. I quickly whisked an email off to said local paper, hoping they would remove all the wordy words I had plunked into our ad before going to print...especially the word "therefore!"
Speaking of getting rid of the not-so-necessary, I believe Julie & I have truly edited the shop as we ready for this Saturday in our "Saturdays only January." JB Knacker looks like a wintry Scandinavian home w/ all its whites, neutrals and textures. We like it! But I must admit...I'm itching to get the shop a little more "wordy." I need more words like concrete birdbath and metal-topped work table and maybe some ironstone platter or butter pat verbiage as well as small painted table and chunky cake plate words. Oh yes, a noun like cupboard and an adjective like primitive would fit nicely in the front room as would ticking feather pillow. Did I tell you I love adjectives like funky, old, white, painted, chippy, retro, metal, rusted and vintage to name a few. Therefore, being wordy is a good thing, right?!

8 comments:

Rescued Junk by Old Crow Farm said...

Ha Ha I'm still laughing!! I love all of those yummy wordy words too! I am also itching to come across those things as well. I think we are going to head to indiana for a very quick buying trip. There's a little town that has an auction every week. It's insane.

We always have so much fun when we come to your shop. Next time I'll have to leave the little ones home with grandma. Every time I tell Ella we are going junkin she thinks I'm talking about pumpkins and she is always disappointed. I will try to call you tomorrow and brainstorm some more. Wordy Words Rock!!! Jordana

A Wild Thing said...

Please...a few more adjectives for me too...I tend to be very wordy too, but I learned if you make more paragraphs, it doesn't look so wordy.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you about the soaps, but I just haven't got the bulk soap ordered yet, thought I'd get it today, but looks like next week will be it...

so anytime you are ready, just lemme know.

I think your shop looks absolutly wonderful...you can never have enough stuff...and how about that Country Home shutting it's doors. I'm so sad that it has to happen, even though it wasn't peaking my interest anymore.

Sign of the times I guess...

Later Miss Word Press...ha!

sharon

Anita said...

I love the pared down look for January. Especially following the busy- ness of Christmas. I think that is what has inspired the work in my bedroom. So, I am hoping the still wander your way some Saturday soon....I'll keep you posted.

Anita

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

You just said all the buzz words that makes my heart sing, chippy, white, neutrals, primitives, etc etc. Love the pics.

time worn interiors said...

I love all those wordy words! Some of my favs! Store look great!
Theresa

Anonymous said...

Brenda, I love your "verbiage"! I've not been to your site before but it looks like you have a wonderful store.
Thank you for you words on my "farewell" post. I just felt the need to say thank you to a good man.
marcie

Stacey said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog - I really appreciate your advice and sharing... Your brick and mortar store sounds lovely:) I can't wait to read through your past posts:)
Have a lovely day and thanks again for stopping by!

TAPESTRIESOFNATURE said...

I LOVE THAT LITTLE DRESS FORM THAT YOUV'E SHOWN! DO YOU STILL HAVE IT AND IF SO HOW MUCH WOULD IT BE?