Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Spring Cleaning

I don't know about you, but I don't see the New Year as a new beginning.  The new beginning in this house is more the first day of school in late summer.  January 1st actually feels more like "spring cleaning" to me...out w/ the old (2010) and in with the new!  At the shop, nothing really gets thrown out...but some does get sent to a new home...Goodwill, a consignment store, Salvation Army or deconstructed to be made into something new and fresh.  What is left of Christmas gets lovingly wrapped and tucked away 'til next year.  The beautifully tarnished soft pink ornaments are grouped together and placed in big apothecary jars for Valentine's Day.  The dry, poky, once-fresh evergreen and tree get hauled outside to the back of the shop for Dan and Gary (Gilbert town crew) to chip and use as they see fit.  Once I dig in, I really start to get inspired for the new look for this new year...2011.  I see soft fresh pastels, organic and natural at its finest, and neutrals with pops of glossy black.

JB Knacker will be open on January 1st from 1-4pm.  And every Saturday in January thereafter (Jan. 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th from 10am - 5pm).  We will return to regular hours on February 1st (Tuesday - Friday 1pm - 6pm and Saturday 10am - 3pm).




My goal at the shop is that each and every Saturday will have different looks, cool new old pieces and fresh decorating ideas for you to tuck away for your own home.  See you real soon!!      

6 comments:

Seasons In Carver said...

Brenda-

Can't wait to get to your shop real soon. ROAD TRIP! Miss you. Hope you had a great Christmas!

Talk to you soon.
Happy New Year!

Sara

JB Knacker said...

Can't wait to meet up w/ you sooner than later! We had a great Christmas w/ all of the family!! Talk soon...
Brenda

Virginiarose said...

I was just catching up on some blogs I missed in the maddness known as Dec.
I have taken a vow that this year I WILL visit some of the places I read about.
Hope to make it soon Ginger

JB Knacker said...

Ginger,
I would love to have you by the old place! I would also like to shop in your "neck-of-the-woods." Thanks for considering mine a favorite blog!
Brenda

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Girlie...
I would love to come visit...Let me know if you are around early in the week!
Barb C.

JB Knacker said...

Would love to have you by the shop, Barb...can't wait!
Brenda