Save the weekend: Friday & Saturday, June 28th & 29th 9am-5pm! It's time for central Iowa's Junk Jaunt, summer edition...we fondly call it Junkin' in June! There are 23 venues on this edition! We're talking about brick & mortar shops, barns, outdoor flea markets, sheds & chicken coops full of the good junk we love!! Here is the map that will get you from one junk venue to the next. Go ahead and print it to start planning your route!
Here at JB Knacker in Gilbert, we will have the shop full, full, full plus great deals and mark-downs throughout! We will also have our wonderful flea market in the side yard consisting of 12+ vendors...really talented folk from around central Iowa that each have their own take on junk:
- Ted's Shed~Ted and Nanette from Woolstock will fill their booth w/ chunky wood tables and dressers, primitives, wire, metal industrial and all sorts of great finds!
- Laura Galvin~ Laura from Ames creates sweet vignettes w/ all of her great vintage treasures...perfect ideas for your home!
- Suzanne & Karol~Suzanne from Sheldahl Crossing and avid junker, Karol will have a great mix of industrial, antique furniture and just truly unique junk!
- Past Time Treasures~ This is a family affair specializing in making junk beautiful! The Beaman family Hunt, Re-Do and Re-Purpose vintage items that make unique additions to your home and garden.
- JuNKey JeWeLs~ Sue from Johnston & her sister Paula from Boone will set-up around Paula's vintage camper w/ simply pretty jewelry and sweet junk!
- Linda Matson~ jewelry & junk maven, Linda from Des Moines, will also set-up outside of her vintage camper...think sassy!
- Industrial Lace~avid junker and jewelry maker, Jess from Gilman does great stamped silver jewelry and awesome repurposed junk!
- SOS Antiques~ from New Providence is a new-comer to the JB Knacker flea market but knows what we all crave in good junk!
- Elyze from Des Moines is also a newbie to this flea market but is a pro at this repurposed & repainted vintage junk!
- Judith & Ronda have been at this vintage thing for a while (does that make them sound old?). And they have it down to an art! Judith will also be baking her mouth-watering monster cookies!
- Stevie from Des Moines is also a pro at the antique & vintage stuff...I hear she finds "the coolest stuff!"
- Toni from Des Moines will be whipping up a batch of her vintage-inspired table runners great for weddings, showers and any celebration!
The shed in the back yard will also be open w/ refreshments, vintage & handmade wares (think fabric banners, aprons, pom poms and vibrant painted furniture) and sweet treats. And just down the road a block or two, Stella's on Main will be stuffed w/ junk with a flea market outside of her shop...Gilbert will be a good place to be this Junkin' in June. Please check out and like the Junkin' in June Facebook page for more info. on each venue, hotel information and just plain fun inspiration.
***Detour Info: Gilbert is getting a round-about in their little town to accommodate the up-tick in traffic from the new high school (note...this is a big deal for a little town...very European!). And because of this, you can't turn into Gilbert on 170th from Hwy 69 and expect to get to Main Street (where everything is happening). But fear not...all you have to do is go down (south) 2 miles to 190th, west a couple of miles till you hit pavement/George Washington Carver Rd, north 2 miles on George Washington Carver and turn east back into Gilbert. There are other routes from Story City or on gravel...you'll get to JB Knacker...don't worry!***
**we will be changing the Facebook page and the "title" of this event to Central Iowa's Junk Jaunt after this June event. We also do a fall edition called Fall for Junk in October (Oct 11th & 12th this fall) and this name change will make it easier to follow this biannual event**