Thursday, January 5, 2012

Soup Saturday ~ 10am-5pm Jan.7th

cozy hot soup pic from www.salon.com
 
It's January...and what a weird weather January it's been.  I know most of you are like, "Yippee...no snow!"  But I spent my younger years in Maine and northern Minnesota and well, I miss the snow!  Most retailers have been ecstatic w/ this weather as well.  But gosh...how do you have a proper Soup Saturday at the shop when it's a mild 56 degrees outside on January 7th?!

last winter looking toward the barn
 
You just do!  Since I have spent the rest of my years here in Iowa, I have learned to adapt to whatever is thrown my way...it's the Midwestern attitude!  So....Soup Saturday at the shop it is!  We will open the shop doors at 10am w/ a whole new look for the shop!  Cheese soup, potato soup and chicken soup w/ rice will be served from real cups and bowls...yummy!!  Joan and I have flipped the shop to a very different look.  Reds & pinks with whites & blues are mixed in the front room w/ lots of sparkly glass, tarnished and some polished (really?!) silver...lots of ironstone and white pottery and a good dose of industrial goodness round it out.  The next room is fun: a whole wall as a chalkboard w/ a funky industrial map case as your coffee table.  A parts bin lines one wall w/ an enchanting garden scene on the brick portion of that room.  A good functional Martha Stewart meets galvanized  potting area on the enclosed porch!  And the upstairs...well, I can't brag about it 'til we finish it...lots of lockers, mirrors and vintage clothing and such to wet your appetite!

We are open 'til 5pm on this Saturday.  There will be a good $1 bin/tub and mark-downs on lots of good stuff around the shop.  I promise pictures tonight!

                                                                                                            Brenda 

2 comments:

Tricia @ Vintage No. 35 said...

Wish I could come up but going to an auction :)!!! Have a great day!

JB Knacker said...

Tricia~
Have fun at the auction...should be good weather for it (if you're outside, that is). Keep checking back for Saturday updates, and hopefully one of these Saturdays I'll see you!